Sam takes a listen to the new Korg Opsix, a next-gen FM synthesizer which totally revolutionises what's possible with FM Synthesis. Order yours here: https://bit.ly/3b1tCbu
00:00 Korg Opsix Fm Synth Intro Demo
01:00 What Is The Korg Opsix Altered FM Synth?
02:01 Features, Specs & Sound Examples
04:19 Loads More Sound Examples!
11:11 Outro & Where To Buy
Just like they did for wave sequencing synthesis with the Wavestate, Korg have designed Opsix to completely reimagine what you thought was possible with FM synthesis, offering much much tonal power and flexibility but with a more intuitive and inspiring user interface when compared to the old FM synths of the 1980's.
The Opsix is a true 6 operator FM synth, but to expand on traditional FM synthesis it offers 5 operator modes including FM, Ring Modulation and Filter modes, giving you a lot more waveforms to play with. The modulation section has also been greatly expanded with 3 envelope generators and 3 LFOs, plus a large range of effects and filters to add colour to your tones.
Other features include a 16 step polyphonic sequencer, data entry rotary encoders, smooth sound transitions for seamless patch changes, and a clear OLED screen which includes a spectrum analyser and an oscilloscope. All this adds up to make arguably the most power and best FM synth ever made!
Korg Opsix Altered FM Synthesizer Main Features:
- True six-operator FM synthesis
- Full editing with the DATA ENTRY rotary encoders
- Five operator modes that expand FM synthesis
- 40 preset algorithms and user algorithms
- Three EGs, three LFOs and 12 virtual patches offer an extensive range of modulation
- Eleven powerful filters, including MS-20 and Polysix
- Up to three simultaneous high-definition effects, 30 types
- Visually-satisfying editing with a spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope
- Powerful 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Add unpredictability to sounds with the Randomize feature
- Favorite and smooth sound transition (SST) functions.
- Compact design featuring a 37-key keyboard, pitch and modulation wheels
- Altered Six-Operator FM Synthesis