Life too short for long YouTube videos? See the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Oh no! Not //more// OD pedals? Believe it sister – it's a lifetime’s work and boy are we on that journey. So for no other reason than we felt like it, we assembled six cool new (ish) things and took a swing at them.
In a departure from the norm, here's some extra info that we either skirted over or didn’t know in the video. So…
The Terry White Rabbit Deluxe deserves more attention. We were struggling to get it to sit with the amps today in terms of level and dynamic. It underlines its position as a ‘preamp / line driver’, similar to what you'd expect from the JHS Colour Box and the like. It will reappear, almost certainly when we’re recording actual real, y'know, music.
The Keeley Aria Compressor Drive also has the TRS jacks function like the D&M Drive to enable you to place each effect in different loops on your true bypass loop switcher. Cool!
The Free The Tone pedals are from FTT’s Integrated Series, celebrating their 15th Anniversary. Please read the FTT website where they explain how the pedal casing and materials have been chosen with sound in mind. Hence the physical heft that we spoke about, perhaps! Yuki and team are serious about this stuff – we didn’t mean to be flippant about it. But this is TPS after all.
They also feature FTT’s latest evolution of the HTS Circuit, which is a unique take on a buffer. Even Matt Schofield likes it, and that’s about as high an endorsement as you’ll find.
Greuter is from Switzerland, not Austria! Sorry Sascha!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- What are we doing today? 2:18
- Today’s amps: 6:25 (7:16)
- Terry White Rabbit Deluxe: 8:15 (10:38)
- It’s too bloomin’ loud! 13:35
- And the blue side? 14:23
- Keeley Aria Compressor Drive – overdrive side, Strat: 17:12
- …with Gretsch: 20:18
- …ES-335: 22:25
- Keeley Aria, compressor side added: 23:13 (24:20 for compressor only)
- Compressor and overdrive order: 26:35
- Free The Tone SS-1V String Slinger Overdrive: 32:45
- String Slinger, Strat and Super Reverb: 34:19
- String Slinger, Strat and Victory Sheriff 44: 35:15
- String Slinger, Strat both amps: 36:04
- String Slinger, Tele, both amps : 36:59
- String Slinger, ES-335: 38:10
- String Slinger, Les Paul: 39:23
- Free The Tone FM-1V Fire Mist Overdrive: 40:35
- Fire Mist, ES-335 40:50
- Fire Mist, Les Paul: 41:59
- Fire Mist, Strat: 43:20
- Greuter Fuller Drive sounds and discussion: 45:40 GREUTER IS SWISS!
- Fuller Drive with Strat: 46:20
- Fuller Drive with Les Paul: 46:27
- Fuller Drive with ES-335: 50:00
- Fuller Drive with Gretsch: 51:58
- Greer Lightspeed, first with Gretsch: 54:20
- Lightspeed with PRS Silver Sky: 57:25
- Lightspeed with Tele: 59:47
- Lightspeed with Strat: 1:00:19
- Not more overdrive pedals – general conclusions for today: 1:00:55
- What’s the difference between an OD and distortion anyway? 1:03:15