IF YOU WANT TO JUST HEAR THE SOUNDS, SKIP TO 11:30 and/or 35:23
Mick here, hello! Dan and I attended Thomann Gear University in June 2019 which was a great hang with a truly splendid bunch of humans. I wanted to take a small pedalboard configured wet/dry… so we made this.
This video documents that, including a couple of guests and a ‘secret’ new amp. Hmmm.
Enjoy the video.
Thank you to Kris Barocsi… :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwL-y7JNkuQwiGXKntzpKg
- Hello – it’s raining: 00:00
- Schmidt Array SA250 space considerations: 1:35
- Let’s go to Germany: 2:45
- Starting to build the board at Thomann: 2:38
- Truly epic pedal choices? Dan says so… 4:45
- Why the QMX2? And general signal path: 5:45
- Humdinger and isolated output: 6:35
- The Belle Epoch Deluxe and Dunlop Mini Volume X: 8:10
- Look at that staff canteen! 9:38
- Dan fixes a hum problem: 10:30
- Plugging in the Thomann video studio and discussing the board: 11:35
- Recap of signal path: 15:15
- Dan has a play: 18:50
- Let’s get a guest in to hear it: Warren Huart: 22:30
- Warren’s reaction and question about phase: 26:30
- And another guest: Kris Barocsi: 28:44
- Kris’s rection: 33:10
- Mick and a little bit of jam back home: 35:24
- Closing thoughts: 40:47
Guitars and amps in this video:
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 - no video yet
• Some Fender Custom Shop guitars at Thomann (Michael Landau ’68 Stratocaster, 52 Nocaster, and a 52-style Nocaster/Tele Thinline that Paul Davids bought!)
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.