Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
This is Dan’N’Mick’s Pick’N’Mix where we feature four pedals that are new (to us anyway).
Our agenda is purely to plug them in, see what cool sounds and features we find, and combine them in whatever way inspires. That’s it! Enjoy…
PLEASE NOTE: We recently changed the PnM format to include jamming/backing tracks. This one was filmed before that… and then got delayed because TC delayed the release of the Flashback 2 x 4. So that’s why there’s no backing track and/or jamming. All future PnMs will have backing tracks. And we’re renaming them Pedal Jams.
Another bit of interesting info is that this was the day that we decided we didn’t need two mics on the cabs any more. New Sontronics Delta 2 ribbon mics arrived. We used them and took the Neumanns out of the mix. We had the Neumanns there before to balance out whatever other mics we were using. The Delta 2s sound great on their own.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Dan plays us in: 0:00
- The three reasons to be excited!: 02:11
- What’s on the board today?: 03:38
- Union Tube & Transistor Tour Bender: 04:15
- What amps are we using today?: 05:26
- UT&T Tour Bender playing: 05:56
- Fender MTG Tube Distortion: 11:04 (13:02)
- Diamond VIB1 Vibrato: 20:54 (21:23)
- Vibrato and Reverb: 22:55
- Vibrato, Reverb with Fuzz/Distortion…and reverb: 25:11
- TC Electronic Hall of Fame2x4: 27:20
- HOF2x4 with Distortion: 30:22
- HOF2x4 different reverb engines: 31:50
- HOF2x4 with Vibrato: 34:44
- HOF2x4 with Vibrato and Distortion: 35:07
- Is that a Tape Echo in the corner?: 35:26
- Everything on: 36:15
- The Echo Fix… 37:30