0:00 Gibson '61 SG Specs & Features
02:53 Demo & Sounds
08:50 Outro & Recap
The Gibson 1961 Les Paul SG Standard Reissue Stop Bar is another fantastic Historic Reissue from the Gibson Custom Shop giving you an amazing recreation of a legendary electric guitar.
In 1960, sales of the Gibson Les Paul were dwindling and Gibson decided it was time to redesign the model. The result of this redesign was the Gibson Les Paul SG which featured a thinner, flat-topped body and the, now iconic, double cutaway shape along with changes to the neck and heel. This new take on the Gibson Les Paul only included the name "Les Paul" in its title for a short while before forever becoming known as simply the Gibson SG.
Through incredible dedication to guitar building and respect for Gibson heritage, the Gibson Custom Shop has faithfully recreated this historical guitar giving you a chance to own one and be part of its storied legacy.
Gibson 1961 Les Paul SG Standard Reissue Stop Bar Key Features:
- 1-Piece Solid Mahogany SG Style Body
- Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina) Finish
- Solid Mahogany 1960 Slim Taper Neck
- Hide Glue Fit, 12" Radius Indian Rosewood Fretboard
- ABR-1 Bridge with Nickel-Plated Brass Saddles
- Kluson Tuning Machines
- Dual Custombucker III (Unpotted) Pickups
- Includes a Gibson Custom Shop Hardshell Guitar Case
- Comes with Certificate of Authenticity Booklet and Historic Reissue Hang Tags