Do you struggle to get usable sounds from fuzz pedals? Fear not – we take you through 10 things to try in order to find fun and inspiration from fuzz!
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
A warm welcome to you, sonic voyagers! This fine day we are minded to ask: is there a guitar effect more divisive than fuzz? That beautiful behemoth onslaught of savage square wave so beloved of noisemongers since the mid-1960s… or is it the wanton wrecking of all that is magnificent and majestic on our sacred six-string?
Whatever your position, we hope this video will offer some ideas with which you can go forth and fuzzify.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- What are we doing today? 2:10
- Today’s amps: 3:24
- Today’s fuzzes: 3:38
- Thing 1. Create A Wall Of Noise: 3:50 (5:40)
- Thing 2. Give The Song An Unforgettable Hook (that Mick forgets): 6:55 (9:00)
- BAE Royaltone: 7:45
- Thing 3: Simulate A Straight To Board Sound? 11:50
- Hudson Broadcast: 12:55
- Thing 4. Understand How It Works With Your Amp: 16:00
- BAE Royaltone - Marshall: 17:25
- BAE Royaltone - Matchless: 17:48
- Thing 5. Fall In Love With Your Guitar Volume Control: 19:55
- Thing 6. Add An Octave: 25:10
- Mythos Argo: 26:45
- Third Man Bumble Buzz: 28:45
- Thing 7. Add A Filter: 31:28
- Analogman Envelope Filter: 23:25
- Thing 8. Use It On Other Instruments: 37:05
- Thing 9: Put A Gate On Your Tone Garden. What?! 39:50
- Thing 10. Put An Overdrive After Your Fuzz And Be Epic & God-Like
Guitars in this episode
• 1965 Fender Telecaster - no video yet
• 1961 Fender Stratocaster - no video yet
• Supro Jamesport - no video yet
Amps in this episode
• Matchless HC-30 with Hughes & Kettner Vintage 212 / Celestion G12M Greenback speaker
• Marshall 1987x with 1960AX cab / Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.