Sam takes a look at the brand new Boss Katana MkII.
In this video Sam discusses all the new features, additions and upgrades that have been made to improve on the best-selling Mark 1 model. He also looks at the differences between the MKI & MKII and demos the new sounds.
We absolutely love the Boss Katana range here at PMT. When they were first released a few years ago, these award winning amps really were a game changer, solid state amps that could deliver the realistic tone, response and dynamics of a valve amp. Add to this their huge range of features and versatile output power switching options, and you’ve got a range of gig ready amps that sound amazing cranked up on stage, but are equally just as suitable for lower volume rehearsals, recording or even quieter bedroom practice.
Alongside all of the features found on the previous versions, new features for the new Boss Katana Mark 2 range include:
- Amp variation button, giving you an additional 5 new amp characters to choose from
- New and upgraded effects (65 in total) including a heavy poly octaver and whammy style pitch bender (controllable via an expression pedal
- Redesigned Boss Tone Studio software edition allowing for more in depth editing of the amp's parameters
- Dual pot effects controls and individual effects toggle switches
- Dedicated power amp in socket, allowing you to connect a multi effects directly to the class A\B power amplifier
- Stereo expand mode (100w models only), allowing you to link two Katanas together to create a true stereo rig to utilise the Katana's stereo effects, controlled by one footswitch
- Greatly expanded foot switch capabilities
- Cab resonance selector switch (2x12" and Head models only)
Take a quick look and listen here with PMTVUK and check one out at your nearest Professional Music Technology store...