The Afterneath sounds a lot like it looks – a wizard bursting forth from ethereal cave and ready for the ambient battle. You are the wizard – or sorceress, if you prefer – and the cave is your instrument’s signal, vast, expansive, and magical.
Length- Controls the decay length of the reverb
Diffuse- Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Counterclockwise for sharper delay with more attack. Clockwise for a more washy, ambient sounding reverb.
Dampen- Counterclockwise for brighter tones, clockwise for darker tones and a mellower top end.
Reflect- Alters the depth and regeneration of the reverb. This acts as a feedback control and will self-oscillate. Turn clockwise for more wash and echoes, counterclockwise for less.
Drag- Separates the individual digital delay lines. Counterclockwise for a scattered ping pong effect, clockwise for a more reverb-like effect.
Mix- Afterneath does not go fully wet but does lower the level of the input signal as you raise this control to create the appearance of a fully wet reverb.
Modes- changes the way the Drag control functions. The LED will change colors indicating which mode you are in.
1. Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over the operating range
2. Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or cv changes, but then quickly catch up.
3. Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1v/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage controlled oscillator.
4. Chromatic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the chromatic scale
5. Minor Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the minor scale
6. Major Scale (Lydian): Quantized 1v/octave to the major scale (Lydian)
7. Pentatonic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the pentatonic scale
8. Octaves & Fifths: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths
9. Octaves: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves
"Drag" can be put under voltage or expression control using the “EXP” jack located on the side, which drastically changes the way the Drag control functions.
This device features Flexi-Switch Technology! This electronic switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching. Afterneath is factory set in “tails mode.” This means that the wet signal will naturally decay and slowly fade to silence after the effect is switched off.