Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the timings in the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below to help you navigate the video.
In this video Steven Wilson, acclaimed British rock artist joins Dan for a chat. We made this video the same week that Steven’s 2017 album To The Bone was released, having reached Number One on the UK Album Chart. Huge congratulations to everyone at Team Wilson!
Dan had also just finished a new pedalboard build for Steven’s upcoming world tour, that also includes a significant departure in his main guitar and amp choices. Dan goes through the new pedal choices and explains how he approached various solutions for the new rig.
• A note on Steven's H& Tubemeister 5...
Dan is using the amp's Red Box output into a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 power amplifier, then into a custom-made Zilla 2x10 cabinet with Celstion G10 Gold speakers. http://www.zillacabs.com/
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro & background: 0:00 - 2:00
- Steven’s new album, background: 2:00
- A whole new guitar and guitar sound… 3:00
- And a five-watt amp for recording and touring? 4:56
- How to make it louder… 7:35
- H&K & the second amp: 9:30
- Steven’s new board: Mini Vent II: 10:50
- Amp Tweaker Tight Rock Jr: 12:20
- Electro-Harmonix Nano POG: 14:05
- Selah Quartz Timer: 15:55
- Origin Effects Cali76: 16:35
- Source Audio Programmable EQ: 18:00
- Viewer Questions: Latest Band Lineup?: 19:00
- Do you have perfect pitch? 20:00
- Live guitar sounds vs recorded guitar sounds: 21:45
- Songs as ‘little pieces of cinema’: 25:50
- Some sounds from Steven’s new board: 28:55