You ask, we answer: let’s talk about a Maxon SD-9, Flatwounds on the Jazzmaster, the Strat middle pickup, a Mesa Boogie Mark I lead tone and plenty more…
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Welcome to the show. A few months back, Dan and I did a show called ’10 Things You Asked Us To Try’. These things comprise a wide range of suggestions from the TPS audience/family that maybe don’t stretch out to a whole show in isolation, but bunched together make for an interesting voyage of tonal for discovery for me and he. Er, so let’s do it again! The things are listed below in the interesting bits and go-to sections text.
Keep ’em comin’ y’all, and please enjoy the episode!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- What are we doing today? 02:13
- 1. Mick, Play The Middle Pickup On The Strat: 02:55
- 2. Play Wet-Dry With One Amp Only: 07:45
- 3. Try The Automatone As A Proper Preamp: 14:08
- 4. Try A Staple P90 In The PRS McCarty: 20:30
- 5. Explain A II-V Change: 26:32
- 6. Try Flatwound Strings On Your Jazzmaster: 34:00
- 7. How Do You Make A Chorus Not Sound Cheesy?: 42:22
- 8. Play A Maxon SD-9: 47:20
- 9. Can You Get The Mayer IDLMWLY Tone?: 54:28
- 10. What About The Boogie MkI Lead Tone?: 1:03:54
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• 1965 Fender Telecaster - no video yet
• PRS McCarty Soapbar - Mick’s video at https://bit.ly/30fmsdN
• Fender Classic Series Jazzmaster Lacquer - no video yet
• Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard – Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dbwbvS
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 - Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2mpJA8X
• Gibson Custom True Historic ’57 Les Paul Goldtop, Murphy Aged
Amps in this episode
• Marshall 1987x with 1960AX cab / Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
• Mesa Boogie Mark I Reissue
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.