We love the comments you leave for us… and from those comments, here are 10 things you asked us to try!
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Welcome to the show. There are so many cool little things to try in this vast world of guitar tones. Most of the time they’re not really enough to make a whole show, so we’ve bunched 10 of your suggestions together in this episode… and stumbled on some great new discoveries, ideas and learning.
The 10 Things are listed below in the interesting bits and go-to section timings.
Please keep the suggestions coming, and we’ll gladly follow up… as long as: a) it’s genuinely interesting to us; b) we can offer some insight; c) it hasn’t been done to death already; d) Mick doesn't have to use MIDI or digital modelling amps. Everyone has their limits.
Meantime, enjoy this – this was fun!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- What are we doing today?: 2:30
- 1. Play The Dope Priest: 4:00
- Today’s amps: 4:49
- 2. Put Summat Else In The Loop Of The APE: 7:50
- Reverb in the APE’s loop: 9:37
- Phaser in the APE’s loop: 11:45
- 3. Lower Pickups, Raise PPs In The PRS: 14:21
- BB Preamp Bonus!: 20:30
- 4. Use An Expression Pedal With The Afterneath (You Idiots): 21:55
- 5. Try Some Lighter Strings: 26:00
- Dan plays 8-38 strings: 27:27
- Mick plays 9-42 strings: 31:45
- Dan again on 8s: 35:28
- 6. Try Wet-Dry Into One Stereo Cab: 39:05
- Wet-Dry into two cabs: 40:55
- Wet-Dry into one cab: 42:18
- 7. Just Use One Room Mic: 44:53
- Normal TPS micing vs single room mic: 48:48
- 8. TC 3RD Dimension vs Boss DC-2 Waza: 54:15
- 9. Get A Morgan Amp On The Show: 57:25
- 10. Get Rid Of The Pedals & Crank Amps: 1:00:58
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Classic Series Jazzmaster Lacquer – no video yet
• 1965 Fender Telecaster – no video yet
• Fender Custom Shop ’52 Relic Telecaster – Dan’s video at https://bit.ly/2YOVJVT
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 - Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2mpJA8X
Amps in this episode
• Morgan Dual 20 with Morgan 212 vertical cab / Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speakers
• Marshall 1987x with Hughes & Kettner 212 / Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.