Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
We are approaching the end of an era as we get ready to turn the lights out for good in That Pedal Shed.
This is the last episode we’ll film here, so we thought we’d have a bit of fun and hook up a dream wet/dry/wet rig courtesy of three fantastic amplifiers, a couple of all-time classic echo devices and a handful of our favourite pedals.
No agenda, no real learning to be had, just some truly epic sounds and a bit of an emotional connection with the tooooaaaaan!
Massive thanks to www.soundgas.com for supplying the RE-201 and Echorec 2. We might have accidentally bought the 201 as a moving-in present to the new place. Oops!
Please enjoy the episode…
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- The last show! And what are we doing? 1:55
- The RE-201 acquisition: 2:40
- How much for all that stuff?! 4:05
- All three amps: 5:40
- How loud are we? 6:40
- Echo from the RE-201: 6:57
- Echo from the Echorec 2… and the RE-201 as well: 7:30
- Just the dry amp… then WOW!: 8:25
- Today’s signal path and the wet/dry/wet explanation… and The Ocean: 11:05
- And now some harmonic tremolo: 11:30
- …and the CE-1: 12:07
- …and Manticore: 12:40
- The role of the dry amp in wet/dry/wet: 14:07
- Both sides of the D&M Drive and the Manticore?! 17:35
- Less wet? 18:40
- Dan goes off on one: 21:40
- Shin-Ei fuzz! 23:02
- D&M Drive, Manticore, Supro Trem: 24:00
- …and the Shin-Ei: 25:00
- Fuzz into wet amps only: 27:03
- RE-201 slapback and Echorec swell: 28:00
- …and Manticore and Supro tremolo: 30:25
- …and CE-1: 32:35
- This old gear – are we just dinosaurs? 35:10
- Goodbye That Pedal Shed! 38:25