Tom Meadows has performed with some of the biggest names in pop, most notably, the one and only Kylie Minogue.
Tom visited our studio to demo Istanbul Agop cymbals, so we thought we’d get his advice about drumming and the music industry.
How do you practise? How do you get into professional playing? How did a violin accident kick-start Tom’s drumming career? Find out all this and more…
1. What inspired you to start playing? 00:18
2. Who are your favourite artists/influences? 01:16
3. How did you break into professional playing? 03:36
4. How do you adapt your cymbal setup to different situations? 05:31
5. What’s your advice for aspiring professional players? 08:08
6. Why is Istanbul Agop your choice brand? 10:28
7. What is your desert island cymbal? 12:32
8. How do you practise now? 13:02
9. How did you practise when you were learning? 14:32
10. What’s your best and worst musical moment? 16:03 (best) and 17:36 (worst)