Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
If you’re looking for useful information on guitar sounds, this is not the video for you!
What it is is a glimpse at what it’s taken to get TPS’s new headquarters up and running. Wow. It felt like we were never going to get here… and we very nearly didn’t! It’s been two solid weeks of long days and late nights, and I’m typing this very sentence some 2 minutes before the video is scheduled to go live at midday GMT+1. Which it probably won’t because YouTube is chewing on the processing. But all that aside…
We're just about moved in to the new place. We threw the cameras and lights up an hour before filming… we finished building the shelves three hours before filming, so what you’re seeing is us sitting down and hitting record for the very first time.
Day one, video one. Don’t judge us too harshly as we still have plenty of tweaking to do!
Expect us here and working with something more informative next week!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- A new hope? 0:00
- Yes, and a cheers: 0:53
- We’d smash this: 1:23
- The first sound ever in That New Pedal Shed: 2:17
- Dan likes the dead sound. Mick’s less sure: 5:17
- Next week we’re doing the wet/dry/wet thing: 6:25
- Soundproof? Nah: 6:55
- Dan’s been off with Biffy Clyro: 8:35
- Simon’s happy with the grey: 10:12
- Dan, play the guitar: 10:30
- Dan likes the dead sound, MkII. Mick’s still not sure: 12:15
- How did this begin? 13:47
- Van! 15:29
- The new place, before the work… and during… 15:57
- The rig from which it all hangs: 19:07
- Tongue and indeed groove: 21:40
- Metal! (but not that kind of metal): 22:44
- Shelves. And Wickes: 24:10
- More on the windows: 26:00
- Mick’s feeling the pain: 28:54
- That Pedal Sheves, finally! 31:38
- Cloth! 33:25
- A Matt Schofield/Neumann tangent: 37:20
- Filming Day 1 begins! 42:01
- And some more stuff…
- We’re in, we’re learning.
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster - watch Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 - no video yet
Amps in this episode
• Fender Blues Junior III (no longer made - check out the version IV)
• Vox AC15 Custom with Celestion Greenback speaker
• Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III (no longer made - check out the version IV)
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.