We uploaded a video a couple of weeks back that wouldn't process past 360p. Apologies.
We went back and forth, tried to reupload, etc etc etc.
And we finally found something that works, so here it is. It's the same as the other video, just in better resolution. (But still no 4k - go figure, as the process is EXACTLY the same for all our other vids).
In this episode we are delighted to welcome the super talented, humorous and humble Chris Buck to the show. Chris is a wonderful guitar player from South Wales, UK, whose #1 music project is his band, Buck & Evans. http://www.buckandevans.com/
Chris takes us through his pedalboard that’s most notable for the sheer number of similar-ish overdrives on there! We get an insight into his playing style and technique not to mention a cheeky little Strat/Strat/Strat/Silver Sky comparison.
Massive thanks to Chris for taking the time to come and hang at Schwangri-La. Please check him out on all the usual social meedja!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing & playing: 0:00
- You’ve got //that// thing: 2:58
- Late to pedals and forming your own voice: 5:45
- Alan Niven? 8:08
- That’s a nice looking board: 11:30
- Marshall Blues Breaker: 13:08
- Origin Effects Cali 76 Compact Deluxe: 13:55
- Chris’s amps: 14:25
- Klon KTR and Ceriatone Centura: 15:50
- King Of Tone and KTR comparison: 17:23
- Why so many OD pedals? 17:45
- Mick’s thoughts on the above: 18:40
- Paul Cochrane Tim: 20:22
- Tim and KOT and KTR: 20:53
- Lovepedal Amp II 21:28
- Pick and fingers technique: 22:00 (25:10)
- Chris’s signature pickups 30:30
- Wax potting: 31:55
- Strats! And the PRS Silver Sky: 36:19
- The story of Chris’s Strat: 37:30
- Where did the second tone pot go? 39:58
- Three delay pedals? 40:52
- Catalinbread Echorec: 41:50
- Empress Echosystem: 42:20
- Way Huge Aqua Puss: 43:45
- Pedal order: 44:35
- Bluesbreaker, Cali 76, KOT and Aqua Puss: 46:30
- EHX Super Ego: 48:20
- Ramble FX Twin Bender: 51:34 (53:09)
- Centura and EP Booster on all the time: 52:40
- Hermida Audio Rotary Reverb: 54:50
- Boss PH-1 Phaser and the baguette: 56:50 (59:07)
- What about a Les Paul? 1:01:00
- Yamaha RevStar 502: 1:05:30