Electro-Harmonix Intelligent Harmony Machine Harmonizer / Pitch Shifter Pedal
The EHX Intelligent Harmony Machine instantly creates matching harmonies to what you play. It’s like having one – or even two – guitarists jamming with you at the same time and always in perfect sync. The Intelligent Harmony Machine opens a door to the music of great multi-lead guitar bands and multi-part harmonized solos. Plus, its ability to apply harmonies ranging from simple to sophisticated will totally transform what you play. Of course, it also boasts EHX’s renowned impeccable tracking and genuine musical tone.
Select your key and the Intelligent Harmony Machines will generate single note, diatonic harmonies* with a huge range of choices that includes both two- and three-part harmonies.
These sound so cool that we’ve included them as extra options for the multi-harmony parts to give you even more choices.
The Intelligent Harmony Machine also performs perfect polyphonic pitch shifts so the pitch shifts you dial up are applied to chords as well as single notes. We’ve even included a Major/Minor switch so you can select whether 2nds and 3rds will be major or minor.
The Intelligent Harmony Machine’s Moment Mode lets you instantly change pitch by simply depressing the pedal’s footswitch. The pitch shift is engaged as long as you hold down the F/S. There’s also an option so you can apply a user-set sweep time between dry and effect. Choose instant pitch changes or control the time it takes for the Intelligent Harmony Machine to sweep up and down between the set interval and the dry signal!
EHX Founder, Mike Matthews said: “We designed the Intelligent Harmony Machine for the player who craves maximum power, but in a minimal footprint. You’ll dig its sweet, musical tone and spotless tracking!”
*Diatonic harmony means notes within a specific key that relate to each other.
• Compact harmony generating, pitch-shifting powerhouse
• Impeccable tracking and superb musical tone
• Two distinct modes: Intelligent Harmony and Polyphonic
• Intelligent Harmony Mode generates diatonic harmonies in a set key based on the single notes you play. Key Selector and #/- switches provide access to all 12 keys
• In Polyphonic Override Mode you can play single notes and chords. The IHM’s 11-position Interval Selector switch lets you select the harmony
• In Momentary Mode the effect is only active when the footswitch is depressed. Choose from instant shifts or set the time it takes the signal to sweep up and down
• Mix control sets the mix between your dry and shifted signals. Dry output adds signal routing and control options and flexibility
• Comes equipped with an EHX 9 Volt power supply, can also run on 9 Volt battery
EHX pedal demo by Bill Ruppert.
00:00 - Intro
00:12 - Smart Harmony
00:43 - Meet the EHX Intelligent Harmony Machine
01:18 - Poly Override - Baritone guitar sound - Perfect 4th down
02:10 - Poly Override - Octave down blend
03:21 - Intelligent Harmony - 3rd+5th above
03:57 - Intelligent Harmony - Triad 2nd Inversion
04:23 - Intelligent Harmony - Diatonic 3rd above
04:48 - Poly Override - 5th up blend
05:35 - Poly Override - Capo Effect - 3rd up
05:56 - Poly Override - Tuned Down Doom - 3rd down
06:19 - Poly Override - Bamboo Flute Effect - Octave up
06:39 - Intelligent Harmony with String Sustainer
07:10 - Intelligent Harmony - Western Swing
07:47 - Intelligent Harmony - Triad 3rd Inversion
08:13 - Momentary Mode - Various Pitch Sweep Times
08:41 - Stereo Doubler effect
09:07 - Rhythm and Lead IHM