Life too short for long YouTube videos? See the ’Interesting bits and go-to sections’ timings below.
In this episode we flop like new-born giraffe from the uterus of ‘normal’ guitars onto the unforgiving savannah of the Fender Jazzmaster. Watch in awe as we struggle to our feet, wide-eyed at the new horizon before us and stagger instinctively towards safety and nourishment.
Will we get eaten by lions or survive to master the jangly jazzer? One thing is for sure: Dano, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.
Big thanks to Coda Music of Stevenage for selling us the beast and ensuring its safe passage and highly satisfying arrival.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- So we have a Jazzmaster: 2:14
- What about those pickups? 3:54
- What colour is it? 4:30
- Comparison with Mick’s Strat: 7:08
- 1k pots? You mean 1meg…. Aha! 8:33
- The Rhythm Circuit: 10:00
- Comparison with Dan’s Tele: 12:45
- With Xotic BB Preamp: 13:40
- And fuzz? 14:18
- Comparison with Mick’s Collings 290 DC-S: 17:59
- Dan plays us out: 19:48