Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Well, it had to happen eventually. We three have been friends for many years now so it is with great pleasure and much love that we welcome the wonderful, the inimitable, and the very Danish Peter Honoré to the show.
Peter is known and loved by countless YouTube viewers across the globe from his work on Andertons TV. But he did plenty of interesting, real musician stuff before that too – if you want some history on this Great Dane (woof) watch this: https://youtu.be/CEqKWhR-N-w
In this video Peter talks about his collaboration with Thorpy Pedals on The Dane Overdrive & Booster, as well as entering into a little Tele-off with Dan’s pair of pickin’ planks.
Yes, we could have gone on much longer… but there will be more when we build Peter’s pedalboard. In the meantime, please enjoy the episode!
Please note this is Mick’s board not Peter’s… but with The Dane on it!
We still haven’t built Peter’s board. That will happen at some point.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Three Tele loop’n’jam: 00:00
- The Dane. The big reveal (yes, we know it’s too late now): 5:40
- What Peter likes in an OD: 6:30
- Just in case you’ve been living under a rock… 7:30
- The three Telecasters: 10:20
- Today’s amps: 11:26 (12:20)
- The Dane! 12:56
- Boost before drive: 14:50
- Pete’s go-to kind of amp? 17:15
- Dan plays The Dane: 21:00
- Dane with P90s: 24:20
- And a Les Paul/humbuckers: 25:25
- Red vs Purple – finally: 28:10
- …and Butters: 34:00
- Tone IS in the fingers: 35:40
- What picks do you use? 36:05
- I used to be a Strat guy: 37:15
- A Tele is a grown-up’s guitar: 39:15
- Can you play without vibrato? 40:25
- We’re not next door to Andertons y’know: 42:30
- Pete loops us out: 46:15