You get a last-minute call for a gig. You leave in 15 minutes and your board is in pieces. Go!
Life too short for long YouTube videos? See the ‘interesting bits and go-to sections timings’ below
Welcome to the show! For our last show of 2020 we thought we’d have a bit of fun with a challenge. You have just 15 minutes to throw four pedals on a board and get out the door, grabbing an amp and two guitars as you do. What do we choose?
Yes, we spelt Wahcko wrong. We know, we know, we know. Thanks for letting us know. It was loo late to reoutput and reupload. Sorry.
Enjoy the episode, dedicated to the late, great Les Dawson.
Interesting bits and go-to sections:
- What are we doing today?: 00:00
- The rules: 01:08
- Dan’s build: 03:11
- Mick’s build: 08:00
- Pre-gig banter and setup: 11:57
- Board reveal: 12:40
- Guitars: 14:00
- Dan gain stages: 16:48
- Wah? Dan? Really?: 19:26
- Mick gain stages: 21:48
- Dan’s Gretsch: 26:34
- Mick’s Collings: 30:13
- Dan modulation & delay: 32:57
- Mick delay: 37:44
- Mick modulation: 40:25
- Dan song 1: 43:00
- Mick song 1: 45:45
- Dan song 2: 49:28
- Mick song 2: 54:24
- Dan song: 3: 55:00
- Mick song 3: 57: 45
- Closing thoughts and summary: 1:00:30
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster (2002) – Dan’s video at
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster (2001) – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• Collings 290DCS – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2dDG96k
• Gretsch G6228 Player’s Edition Jet BT with V Stoptail – video at https://bit.ly/3nJ5Zcp
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.