Life too short for long YouTube videos? See the ’Interesting bits and go-to sections’ timings below.
In today’s episode Dan puts together a pedalboard for our wonderful friend and all-round awesome geezer, Peter Honoré. For anyone who doesn’t know, Danish Pete is a professional guitarist whose day job is over at Andertons TV on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/AndertonsMusic
A master of taste and touch in his playing, Pete requires a relatively simple but versatile board based around the Schmidt Array SA-450 platform. Dan and Pete talk through the pedal choices before assembling it all in terms of layout, power and audio.
Apologies in advance for the lengthy section on the H9 and MIDI. Why anyone subjects themselves to this remains a total mystery to me – Mick here – but hey, some of you krayzee kids just love this stuff.
Apologies also for the highly average production today. No Simon = me trying to remember how the cameras work and forgetting to turn lights on, etc. Ha!
Enjoy the video!
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- Bert, Ernie, Morecambe, Wise… and Danish Pete: 0:50
- The build begins and pedal choices: 1:15
- Josh Snouse is here! 3:08
- New footswitches on G2: 3:45
- H9 uses: 5:00
- Pedalboard size and layout: 8:20
- What’s up top and what’s down below: 10:45
- Power: 11:24
- Dan explains the power routing: 12:44
- Virtual battery? 13:49
- Audio and patch cables: 16:11
- How does G2 work? 18:20
- How does it sound - a loopy jammy jam: 22:20
- Amps? 28:10
- What is that guitar? 31:10
- Compressor: 32:20
- Greer Lightspeed: 33:10
- Thorpy FX The Dane: 33:30
- Fulltone Octafuzz: 35:05
- Boss DC-2W Dimension C: 36:30
- Walrus Audio ARP-87: 36:45
- Eventide H9: 37:10
- TC Electronic HOF: 38:20
- TC Electronic Ditto: 39:25
- How does Pete use G2? 40:25
- The long and winding tale of MIDI, G2 and the H9: 43:47
- And more of that… 49:22
- Static Pete? 58:18
- Finally some playing: 1:01:12