We show you 10 great ways to use boost pedals with your guitar amp and pedals… and discover the boosts you never knew you had!
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Welcome to the show! In this episode, Dan and I go through 10 ways to approach the ‘humble’ boost pedal in your signal chain.
To most of us, boost simply means ‘more’ but it’s where you place the ‘more’ that makes such a huge difference in texture, tone and feel.
Do you want more overdrive, more volume, more compression or a different EQ? Or less of all the above? It’s all possible with this simple addition to your rig, as we discover…
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- What are we doing today? 1:30
1) Always On Boost For Shaping: 2:14
…EchoFix tape delay preamp: 3:23
…Xotic EP Booster: 4:43
…Solo Dallas Storm: 8:35
2) Add More Gain To Your Overdrive Pedal: 10:12
…Effectrode Fire Bottle: 11:15
3) Add A Volume Boost To Your OD Pedal: 13:30
4) Add More Gain To Your Amp: 15:45
…Hot Rod Deluxe: 17:06
…Matchless HC30: 18:06
5) Add More Volume To Your Amp: 20:10
…boost in the FX loop: 21:46
5.5) Bonus use of the FX loop – overdrive your clean channel: 23:39
6) Use Your Boost As An Underdrive: 27:19
…Bad Bob into Blues Driver: 29:00
7) Pair A Compressor And A Boost For Dynamics: 31:35
…plus a boost in the FX loop: 37:09
8) Be Selective With The Frequencies You Boost: 43:39
9) Discover The Boosts You Never Knew You Had: 44:30
10) Stack Boosts For A Unique OD: 49:15