Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
This is Dan’N’Mick’s Pick’N’Mix where we feature four pedal that are new (to us anyway).
Our agenda is purely to plug them in, see what cool sounds and features we find, and combine them in whatever way inspires. That’s it!
Some ultra cool stuff today: ultimate octave fuzz courtesy of ProAnalog Devices; digital brain/analogue heart modulation with Chase Bliss Audio; spectacular reverb with Walrus Audio and last but not least… one of the most versatile OD pedal/preamps we’ve seen in ages from Custom Tones.
We’ve gone waaaay over time today - we try to keep Pick’N’Mix shows to 30 minutes, but I – Mick here – got bored of everyone complaining when I’m telling Dan to hurry along. So it now is what it is and if they run long, they run long! Some people love it, some people hate it. Hopefully the 'Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information helps those of you who want to skip the banter.
Enjoy the video…
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- What about those scarves then? 1:30
- Today’s pedals: 3:34
- ProAnalog Devices Ascension: 4:25 (6:15)
- Today’s amps: 5:04
- Custom Tones Ethos TWE-1: 10:42 (11:35)
- Now if only we had a rock guitar: 14:45
- JEM! 16:25 (17:42)
- Back to the Ethos with a 335: 21:20
- Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl HiFi: 22:40
- Walrus Audio Fathom: 33:45 (35:51)
- What is pre delay? 37:20
- Fathom with Ethos: 41:15
- The awesome LoFi reverb mode: 44:50
- Fathom Sonar mode: 45:50
- Ethos, Warped Vinyl and Fathom: 49:00
- All on! 50:00
Amps in this episode
• Marshall 1987x with 1960A cabinet and Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
• Victory Sheriff 22 with V212VH cabinet and 1 x Celestion Vintage 30 and 1 x Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2hhOUbV
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.